Improve Role Quality
Identify and Mitigate Critical Authorizations
Regardless of whether you use single, derived, composite or even value (enabler) roles, maintaining your authorization concept is challenging and often resource-intensive. That’s why roles tend to deteriorate in quality over time — especially as your business processes change (due to mergers and acquisitions, for example).
The Role Profiler module is a solution consisting of over 95 analysis reports that can help you identify, fix and prevent quality problems in your roles and authorizations.
Role Profiler can help you perform:
- Reporting and analysis: Quickly identify common issues, such as open or manual authorizations.
- SU24 hardening: Assist in updating and maintaining your SAP proposal database (SU24).
- Role versioning: Detect changes to roles and automatically create a new version that administrators can easily revert back to if the need arises.
- Coverage analysis: Analyze role and transaction usage and coverage.
- Segregation of duties violations: Detect roles with critical authorizations or combinations (SoD). XAMS can even be integrated with SAP GRC.
- Display role enforcement: Identify display roles that contain authorizations that lead to more than display (e.g., change, delete, insert, etc.).
- Critical access watchdogs: Identify roles with access to master or HR data.
- SAP S/4HANA compatibility: Analyze role compatibility against the SAP S/4HANA Simplification List, and much more.
The following XAMS module can help you improve the quality and sustainability of your security roles and authorizations.